You know if you are Polish when:
1. You or someone in your family owns a car with a PL sticker proudly
displayed on the back windshield.
2. You have relatives who aren’t really your relatives
3. You sing the same song – “100 lat” – on every occasion (weddings,
birthdays, baby showers)
4. You know very well Pope John Paul II was Polish and his name was
Karol, not Carol
5. You go to Midnight Mass every Christmas Eve and keep your Christmas
tree up till February.
6. You drink your wodka straight
7. You listen to techno
8. You don’t feel the need to add an “s” to Pierogi because you already
know the word is plural and it annoys you when others do. However, you
still add ‘y’ to already plural english words… “chipsy”, “dzinsy”
9. You are convinced your pets only understand Polish
10. You can spot Polish people like Asians can spot each other
11. When others find out you’re Polish, they tell you about every Polish
person they’ve ever known, which is most likely followed by them
mispronouncing common phrases such as “czesc” or “dziekuje”
12. Your name always gets slaughtered on the first day of school
13. When you’re at a stranger’s house, you expect their garbage can to
be under the sink
14. Every window in your house must have “firanki”, even in the bathroom
15. Once in a while, you do a big “przemeblowanie” at home
16. You always take off your shoes as soon as you step into someone
else’s house(even if the owner of the house insists you don’t have to)
17. You celebrate your birthday AND your nameday, “imieniny”
18. You were extremely surprised to learn that American weddings last
hours, not days.
19.You are standing next to the two largest suitcases at the airport.
20.You arrive one or two hours late to a party – and think its normal.
21.You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone’s house.
22.Your house is full of medicine from your old country and it’s
probably all illegal here.
23.You have a vinyl tablecloth on your kitchen table.
24.You use grocery bags to hold garbage.
25.Your dad ever butchered a pig or lamb.
26.You don’t use measuring cups when cooking.
27.If you don’t live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you’ve
eaten, even if it’s midnight.
28.Your parents don’t realize phone connections to foreign countries
have improved in the last two decades, and still scream at the top of
their lungs when making foreign calls.
29. It’s “normal” if your wedding has 600 people.
30.Your 15 year old sister can out-drink any American guy.
31.Your dad carries around enough money to buy a car.
32.Your parents have gone on vacation ONCE and it was to your home country.
**jestem gruby, wiec potrzebuje ruchu na swiezym powietrzu….chce cabriolet….**